JURY MEMBER – POZZOLI 2019
Yuri Bogdanov is a pianist and Honored Russian Artist, he is teacher and professor at the Gnessin Academy of Music in Russia.
He was born in Moscow on 2 February 1972. He began playing the piano at the age of four under the guidance of the outstanding Anna Danilova Artobolevskaya, who later also became his teacher at the Central Music School. Besides young pianist began to study music composition with Tatiana Rodionova.
In 1995 Yuri Bogdanov graduated with honours from the Moscow State Tchaikovsky Conservatory and proceeded the post graduate education. His teachers were such distinguished professors as Tatiana Nikolaeva, Alexey Nasedkin and Mikhail Voskresensky.
He won several awards in international competitions. He won:
- the third prize at J. S. Bach in Leipzig in 1992 and at the F. Mendelssohn in Hamburg in 1994;
- the second prize at F. Schubert in Dortmund in 1993;
- the grand prize at F. Schubert in Vienna in 1995;
- the fourth prize at E. Honens in Calgary and to the S. Seiler Piano in Kitzingen in 2001;
- the “April Spring” Festival in Pyongyang in 2004;
- a special prize in the International Competition of Pianists in Sydney in 1996.
In 1992 the pianist was awarded the 1-st grant A. Scriabin. In Scriabin house-museum in Moscow Yuri Bogdanov in 1989 played his first solo recital. Since then, the pianist performed more than in 100 cities in Russia and abroad. In March 2006 the pianist got the honorary title “The honored artist of Russia”. In the autumn 2008 “Steinway & Sons” company chose Yuri Bogdanov as the artist of “Steinway”.
His students from the Gnessin Academy of Music in Russia have won prestigious awards in many international piano competitions. He is often invited to hold master-classes in various festivals and art schools around the world, and is also invited to participate as a jury member in prestigious international competitions.
In 2013 Yuri Bogdanov headed the Non-profit organization for cultural events “Ecology of culture”.