Regulation – Il Pozzolino 2018
The 4thedition of the International Competition for Young Pianists “Il Pozzolino”, organized by the City of Seregno (Italy) will take place from Wednesday 21st to Sunday 25th November, 2018 at the L’Auditorium Piazza Risorgimento 36 (Monza e Brianza – Italy).
Pianists can apply for the following Categories:
|Category||Date of birth||Application fee|
|A||2010, 2011 e 2012||50,00 €|
|B||2007, 2008 e 2009||60,00 €|
|C||2004, 2005 e 2006||70,00 €|
|D||2001, 2002 e 2003||80,00 €|
Competitors can apply for one category only. Competitors may apply for a superior age category if they believe themselves qualified to do so.
Registration is done online, on this website, by following the procedure indicated. The registration deadline is 15th October 2018.
Applications must contain the following documents:
- candidate’s copy of identification card;
- two current photos (with a good quality);
- photo/video consent and release form and privacy notice form, both signed by a parent or a tutor;
- application fee payment receipt.
The registration will be valid only after the payment of the competition entry fee (net of bank charges) to be paid as follows:
- Online payment on this website (Paypal)
- Bank transfer to Concorso Pianistico Ettore Pozzoli
Banca Popolare di Milano – Tesoreria Comunale
IBAN IT 70 V 05584 33840 000000019900
BIC CODE (or SWIFT) BPMIITMM141,
stating the name of the applicant.
The application fee is not refundable, unless the Organisation Committee decides to cancel the Competition stages of one or more Categories due to a lack of applicants or to any other reason.
|ABSOLUTE FIRST PRIZE
|D||N. 2 scholarships of 750,00 €|
|C||N. 2 scholarships of 500,00 €|
|B||N. 2 scholarships of 400,00 €|
|A||N. 2 scholarships of 250,00 €|
|A, B, C and D||Second Classified Diploma|
|A, B, C and D||Third Classified Diploma|
|SPECIAL PRIZE||To the best performance of one of the reported contemporary pieces of the 2017 International Composition Contest Ettore Pozzoli, for cat. D||500,00 €|
|SPECIAL PRIZE||For the teacher who presents the highest number of finalists in the first 3 position||Invitation to take part in the 2020 Competition Jury|
|SPECIAL PRIZE||To the best performance of the compulsory Ettore Pozzoli pieces||500,00 € voucher to purchase methods and music sheet offered by Casa Ricordi, to be spent online (dealers chosen by Casa Ricordi)|
|SPECIAL AUDIENCE PRIZE||To the finalist chosen by the audience during the final||500,00 € voucher to purchase methods and music sheet offered by Casa Ricordi, to be spent online (dealers chosen by Casa Ricordi)|
NATIONAL FOUNDATION CARLO COLLODI
|To the best performance, of Category B, of the compulsory Ettore Pozzoli piece, “Pinocchio. Piccola suite per pianoforte”.||Recital to Villa Garzoni in Collodi offered by National Foundation Carlo Collodi|
|CERTIFICATE OF MERIT||Score exceeding 80 points||Certificate of Merit|
|CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE||All competitors||Certificate of Attendance|
- E. Pozzoli from “24 piccoli studi facili e progressivi” a study of choice among n. 14 – 16 – 18 – 20 – 22 -23
- E. Pozzoli from “Piccole scintille” 15 pezzettini facili a piece of choice among n. 4 – 6 – 9 – 11- 12 – 14
- A free 5 minutes programme
- E. Pozzoli from “15 Studi facili per le piccole mani” a study of choice among n. 5 – 6 – 7 – 10 – 13 – 14
- E. Pozzoli from Piccola Suite “Pinocchio” a piece of choice
- A free 10 minutes programme
- E. Pozzoli from “Studi a moto rapido” a study of choice among n. 2 – 4 – 6 – 14 – 23 – 27)
- E. Pozzoli from “Impressioni” Fascicolo I n. 1 – 4 – 6, fascicolo II n. 7 – 8 – 12 a piece of choice
- A free 15 minutes programme
- E. Pozzoli from “Studi di media difficoltà” a study of choice among n. 5 – 11 – 16 – 21 – 30 – 31
- E. Pozzoli from “Riflessi del mare” a piece of choice between n. 1 and 2
- A free 20 minutes programme
- One of the following recommended pieces of the International Composition Contest “Ettore Pozzoli” 2017:
Suite meteorologica per piccoli pianisti of Pietro Dossena
La scala segreta of Andrea Damiano Cotti
The jazz learner of Mauro Giuliante
Tre studietti per pianoforte a forma di sonatina of Valerio Lorenzo Giannella
Preludio of Giancarlo Simonacci
|TIME||10.00 a.m.||10.00 a.m.||10.00 a.m.||9.00 a.m.||4.00 p.m.|
|CATEGORY||D||C||B||A||A, B, C and D|
- Monday 8th January 2018: Accreditation starts
- Monday 15th October 2018: Application deadline
- Thursday 22nd and Friday 23rd November 2018: Competition stages for Cat. D and C
- Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th November 2018: Competition stages for Cat. A and B
- Sunday 25th November 2018 at 4.00 p.m: Final round of the 4 categories and declaration of the winners
- All competitors may communicate the Secretariat the date and time of arrival in Seregno.
- A supervising adult must accompany competitors for the duration of the Competition and for their stay in Seregno. Supervisors are fully responsible for competitors at all times.
- Free accommodation with local families or, if necessary, in accommodation facilities is granted to the first 30 applicants and their supervisors, regardless of their categories.
- For the entire stay in Seregno, at all candidates will be given free piano daily practice facilities.
- All competition rounds are open to the public.
- The City of Seregno reserves itself the right to record, produce and distribute all performances and to choose the appropriate time and means to do so.
- The application must be co-signed by a parent or a guardian that authorises the use of personal data, the recording, production and distribution of audiovisual material.
- The organizers declines all liability for any damage to persons or property occurring during the Competition.
- The Organizing Committee of the Competition has the right to make any changes at all times.
- By submitting the application, the applicant agrees to all Rules and Regulations of the Competition.