Pozzoli Competition without winner: Petrella and Takazawa second place ex-aequo
The XXXII edition International Piano Competition Ettore Pozzoli ends without first place.
On 5th October at San Rocco theatre, at the end of the evening, the juries presided by Roberto Cominati have decided not to identify an absolute first place.
They decided to reward with second place ex-aequo the Italian Diego Petrella and the Japanese Yuto Takezawa.
The third place was attributed to the Spanish Leo De Maria.
This after a final round (with the orchestra: this year on stage the prestigious Orchestra Verdi of Milano directed by Andrea Oddone), a final evening followed by an attentive and participatory public, which has remained until late to know the final decision of the Jury.
It was a very special edition of the Pozzoli 2021 Competition.
The organizational phase had to deal, to the last, with the Covid, which limited the opportunities for international travel.
“It was not at all obvious to organize the Pozzoli competition, many other competitions were cancelled due to the limitations of the pandemic – said, with obvious satisfaction, the mayor Alberto Rossi – It is an extraordinary edition. Feeling that the artists are honored to be in Seregno for the Pozzoli competition is a reason of great satisfaction”.
This is the summary of the special prizes awarded:
- Special prize “Luigi Pontiggia” to the youngest Italian semifinalist: Diego Petrella
- Special prize “Mons. Giuseppe e Angelo Biella” for the best performance of the Ettore Pozzoli Etudes: Diego Petrella
- Special prize “Giulio Confalonieri” to the youngest foreign semifinalist: Svevolod Brigida
- Special audience prize: Yuto Takezawa
- Special Prize “Diventerò” Project – Fondazione Bracco for young people: Takeshi Shimozato
- Rotary Se.de.Ca.: Diego Petrella